
© VisualPhotos.com
So - that's roughly the amount of time since my first blog-post as newly 'freelance' [err, for that, read 'unemployed']. Setting out, I really hadn't a clue where I was going or how I would plot my course onward.
I remember being very kindly advised by a friends' husband that I should 'enjoy' this time out and really make the most of it, I'd never get this time over again. Unfortunately, I couldn't take it on-board; for me, the notion of using the time to relax, reflect or simply dedicate time to myself, was not an option.
Thankfully - after the many glitches [most of which are documented on this blog] - tears, gnashing of teeth, etc - things started to take shape. One thing is for sure, the period I spent re-orientating myself [around a month] pointed to the absolute importance of family and a network of friends and colleagues. Not that one would ever forget it, but personal insights and objective opinions of those you value and trust in times of crisis, are incredibly valuable.
To those who listened, consoled and supported me... [and understood my moments of ire!], you know who you are - THANK YOU.
It only remains to say that - while there are 'miles to go before I sleep' [thank you, Robert Frost] - the lessons learned along the way have been invaluable. I know that there will be an abundance more to assimilate, and yet more testing times to come, but I'm hopeful that attitude and belief will continue to guide the way for me.
"You either got faith or you got unbelief, and there ain't no neutral ground"
"You either got faith or you got unbelief, and there ain't no neutral ground"
Bob Dylan, 'Precious Angel', Slow Train Coming
No comments:
Post a Comment